On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:24, Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com> wrote:

Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

A bug was reported against the previous release artifacts that blocked the
release. The bug got fixed and new artifacts were uploaded, please
vote again.

This new candidate breaks immediately on OS X 10.5.8 (standard system
Python, standard system Java):

 /tmp 18 % cd pylucene-3.0.3-1/jcc
 /tmp/pylucene-3.0.3-1/jcc 19 % python setup.py build
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 75, in <module>
     ''' %(JDK[platform]))
 RuntimeError:

Java JDK directory '/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/ Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current' does not exist.

Please set the environment variable JCC_JDK to the correct location before
 running setup.py.
 %

Andi, if you're going to just hardcode a JDK path in for OS X, please at
least hardcode the path advised by the Apple Java engineers (see
previous mail), instead of one that's guaranteed to break on 10.5
machines.  I say "guaranteed", because the Xcode for 10.5 doesn't
include a 10.6 SDK, and if it did it wouldn't fit the installed Java.

So, it's "broken on 10.6 out of the box" vs "broken on 10.5 out of the box" or am I missing something else here ?

Andi..

Bill