On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012, Christian Heimes wrote:
>
>> Am 21.08.2012 07:14, schrieb Andi Vajda:
>>>
>>> Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 3.6.1-2.
>>

>> -1, sorry :)
>>
>> test_ICUTransformFilter.py is segfaulting on my system. I haven't been
>> able to get a sensible stack trace yet. I'm going to recompile
>> everything with debug infos tomorrow.
>

> I'm getting errors there too (if I build PyICU into PyLucene's install tree,
> otherwise these tests are not enabled). I believe the problem lies with the
> utr30.dat resource file. Their format requirements probably changed with the
> upgrade to ICU 49.

Hi Andi, you are correct. these files only work with 4.8.1.1

If you are interested in working with 49 (which uses a newer format
version), then you have to either regenerate yourself or if you want
you can just use our files from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/lucene/analysis/icu/src/resources/
since Steven Rowe already upgraded our 4.x branch to 49 and
regenerated them for that.

Of course if you do this you will break any users using 4.8.x as well
unless you include both and conditionalize it based on the version:
our code/resources only support the version we ship with (not
arbitrary versions of ICU), so we don't worry about that.

--
lucidworks.com