Hi Andi,

Thanks to your hints I was now able to build PyLucene4.1 and got further with
the FacetExample.py - The imports should be OK now and most of the required
changes are done I guess. However I now reached another problem: I need to
instantiate the class 'FacetsCollector' but get an error when doing so:

  File "samples/FacetExample.py", line 222, in searchWithRequestAndQuery
    facetsCollector = FacetsCollector(facetSearchParams, indexReader,
taxoReader)
NotImplementedError: ('instantiating java class', <type 'FacetsCollector'>)

The java example has this line:
    FacetsCollector facetsCollector = new FacetsCollector(facetSearchParams,
indexReader, taxoReader);
and javadocs state it has a public constructor:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/facet/org/apache/lucene/facet/search/FacetsCollector.html#FacetsCollector(org.apache.lucene.facet.search.params.FacetSearchParams,%20org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader,%20org.apache.lucene.facet.taxonomy.TaxonomyReader)

So what could be the reason for this behavior?

I have another problem with the constructor of FacetSearchParams: it is
expecting arguments:
  (List<FacetRequest> facetRequests, FacetIndexingParams indexingParams)
but neither
 FacetSearchParams(Arrays.asList([facetRequest,]), indexingParams)
nor
 FacetSearchParams([facetRequest,], indexingParams)
does it here.  I get

lucene.InvalidArgsError: (<type 'FacetSearchParams'>, '__init__', (<List:
[root/a nRes=10 nLbl=10]>, <FacetIndexingParams:
org.apache.lucene.facet.params.FacetIndexingParams@f97ad3c0>))

I thought that JavaList could help, but I cannot import it:
>>> from lucene.collections import JavaList
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/Users/koch/.virtualenvs/pylucene/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lucene-4.1-py2.7-macosx-10.8-x86_64.egg/lucene/collections.py",
 line 17, in <module>
    from org.apache.pylucene.util import \
ImportError: No module named pylucene.util

That's probably because I had to disable in Makefile
## JARS+=$(HIGHLIGHTER_JAR)        # needs memory contrib
## JARS+=$(EXTENSIONS_JAR)         # needs highlighter contrib

Do you think that's a type cast issue and that JavaList would help here?
I need to define a 'typed' list , e.g. List<FacetRequest>

FacetSearchParams API docs:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/facet/org/apache/lucene/facet/search/params/FacetSearchParams.html

Current version of FacetExample.py
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4384120/FacetExample.py