> On Apr 24, 2014, at 15:44, Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I agree with you that making releases is important. However, when votes are
>> called to actually make them, it's been hard to get voters to respond.
>>
>> Anyone can vote. Anyone with an interest should vote. Three PMC votes are
>> required to make a release happen, though. But any vote for or against is
>> important, PMC or not. Lately, it's been hard to get the TWO extra PMC votes
>> needed to make a release happen (since mine is cast when I cut the release
>> candidate). I think this is in part _because_ no one else is showing an
>> interest in the release and casting a vote either.
>
> I don't think thats necessarily the case, for me (as someone who tries
> to vote for pylucene releases), the problem was a combination of two
> things, as I did try to actually test it over the weekend:

I sure didn't mean to blame you (or Mike) as you both usually provide the two
extra PMC votes needed.
No, I'm just trying to gauge what to do given the dwindling interest of the
other readers of this list and the lack of interest of the 25 other PMC members.
Doing releases is work and so is testing a build for a release vote. If the
process can be streamlined, I'm all for it.

> 1. being on travel, meaning stuck with a mac os X computer.
> 2. release candidate not compiling on my mac os X computer, because
> something tries to apply -mno-fused-madd when compiling, apparently
> this is a common issue with python and mavericks?

To build any Python extension such as PyLucene and JCC you need to use the same
compiler that was used to build Python.
On Mac, it seems that many people are running a gcc-built python but then use
clang when building extensions. This is most likely because Apple switched
compilers sometimes along the way.
The simplest route is to build python from sources, it's simple and easy.

Andi..