I’ve found a regression involving Python* classes.  If the overridden methods
raise an error, it’s causing a crash instead of propagating the error.  Here’s
a simple example:

from org.apache.pylucene.search import PythonFilter
class Filter(PythonFilter):
    "Broken filter to test errors are raised."
    def getDocIdSet(self, *args):
        assert False

Run any search using an instance of that filter and it should reproduce.