Hi Mike,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022, Andi Vajda wrote:

I have not yet tested PyLucene and JCC with python 3.10.
It could be that the heuristics for modern setuptools need to be updated again...

I don't think it's worth respinning but I need to have python 3.10 and this setuptools stuff resolved for the next release.

I installed python 3.10.4 on macos from sources.
It came with setuptools 58.1.0.

I was able to build jcc shared without forcing with_modern_setuptools.
I then ran pip install --upgrade setuptools and got version 62.1.0.
I was still able to build jcc shared without forcing with_modern_setuptools.

What version of setuptools do you have installed ?

Andi..