> From: Mirek Cygler [mailto:mirek.cyg...@bri.nrc.ca]
>
>       I am trying my first steps with PyMOL. I have tried to
> display a XPLOR map.
> It worked well but the isomesh command displayed the entire
> map. How can I
> display only a part of the map (box or sphere) around a
> specific point (say,
> the center of the screen) if I do not have a model yet (ie, no atoms).

Mirek,

   That exactly functionality isn't yet implemented, but you can kludge
it by:

1. creating a model on the fly
2. setting the atom coordinates in the model to the location
3. creating a mesh around the model
4. and deleting the model.

The following .pml example script shows you how to get a 10 A brick
(msh1) or a sphere (msh2) about (2.0,21.0,4.0).  If you plan to use this
functionality often, you should convert the following script into a
Python function with four arguments and place its definition in your
PyMOL start-up file.  This is how you can customize PyMOL to suit your
needs...

# begin example

fragment methane,_pos
alter_state 1,(_pos),x=2.0;y=21.0;z=4.0