Due to the degeneracy of the PyMOL selection language, there are many
ways.

Say we want 79 to 85 and 89 to 94 in chain A...

# the most concise way is

select name2, a/79:85+89:94/

# but alternatives include:

select name2, ( a/79:85/ or a/89:94/ )
select name2, ( chain a and (resi 79:85 or resi 89:94 ))

# hyphens (-) work just as well as colons (:) in the above...

select name2, a/79-85+89-94/

- Warren

--
mailto:war...@sunesis.com