Holly,

   Right now PyMOL has pretty limited connectivity detection
capabilities for "in-process" structures, which do not exhibit normal
bond lengths and atom separations.   A workaround would be to passage
the structure through energy minimization (using an external tool)
before loading it into PyMOL (which will establish correct connectivity
for the object) and to then load the original in-process coordinates as
state 2 of the object.

   Alternatively, is there any way you could use HETATM records (instead
of ATOM) and include explicit CONECT records?

   Before too long, PyMOL will have pattern-based connectivity
determination for normal PDB residues.

mailto:war...@sunesis.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Informatics Manager