Dear pymolers,

Many of you are interested in SS.
I think you must be experts on this.
So, although this is not a pymol problem,
I hope that you can give me some information.

I've got some MD simulation results,
and I calculated the phi-psi angles of each amino acid.
(Yeah I know that phi-psi calculation is there in pymol.
I just wrote the program to check if I really understand it correctly.)
Then, with the data, you can say that I got the variation of
phi-psi angle 'on the fly'.
I can look at the change of their values with time in a movie.

The problem is, I found that many of the amino acids
have phi-psi angles pairs that fall in the "forbidden area".
I think that you know what I mean by that.
Especially, there are a lot of valines in my model protein,
but often they have phi-psi angles in Glysine area or even
totally forbidden area.
Well maybe you will argue that the "forbidden" conformation
is only meaningful for native structures.
But what I wish to understand is the correlation between
the 'forbidden/allow" of phi-psi configuration and the
convergence of MD simulation, or even better,
one might point out the pathway of folding by looking at that.

Anyway, to do further analysis, I wish to be able to obtain
the 'contour' of the chain conformation restriction map.
You know, when you go to the protein data bank and view the
Ramachandran diagram, in the background they show those area.
But where can I obtain information like that?

Thank you in advance if you can provide me suggestions.

Regards,
K.K.Liang