Jules,

        Unfortunately, PyMOL molecular editing features are not really
documented yet.

        You can move entire object independently using the "MovF" and "RotF"
mouse actions.  With the normal three-button mouse configuration in Editing
Mode, that would be shift-middle-click and shift-left-click, respectively.  You
can change the origin of rotation with the "Orig" action, control-shift-middle
click.

        By the way, Be sure that no atoms are "picked" before attempting this.
If the pick selections (pk1, pkfrag1, ...) are present, then you will end up
only moving pieces of the picked molecule.  You can can first ctrl-middle click
away from any atom to unpick.

Warren