Hi Kristl

The problem is that the secondary structure of your protein hasn't been
defined in the PDB file. This is why the cartoon looks ike a tube. What
you need to do is type util.ss into the command line and this will
calculate some sort of secondary structure for you although it's not
that accurate. Alternatively click on the little diamond next to your
protein name in the in the OpenGL window and then click on 'assign ss'.

As for your best bet on finding out how to do things this is probably it.

Jules