Hello,

We plan to use PyMOL as the alignment/structure viewer in a protein
threading package we developed. Mostly there will be some new
features/enhancements on the existing viewer. e.g.

- highlight/color by mappings of amino acid porperties (cysteines, charge
and hydrophobicity, size, secondary structure)
- a sequence alignment pane in sync with the structure window; selecting
residues in one selects them in the other
- show multiple alignments simultaneously
- permit structural superposition of templates (i.e. structures)

I'm personally new to PyMOL, and am poking around to explore the features
(BTW, excellent graphics!). Right now I'm having difficulty with the syntax
of "selection-expressions". I don't see a comprehensive documentation of
what counts as selections. Can cysteines already be highlighted? Is any of
the mappings already available? On another note, I'm aware of the following
way to color by secondary structures:

color red, ss h
color yellow, ss s
color green, ss l+""

which however seems a bit cumbersome. I'd prefer having a "Color by..." with
options like "secondary structure", "charge", "size", etc. under the menu
item "Display". But then, I figure many prefer command lines.

These are just some initial random thoughts. BTW, could someone explain what
the different "elems CHNOS*" represent? I'd really appreciate more
comprehensive documentation.

Thanks,

Tina