Paulo,

        As far as I know, what you're reporting is a platform-dependent
OpenGL bug (or feature).  Many graphics cards don't support rendering to
display context that is not visible.  Ray-tracing doesn't have this
limitation of course, but in theory we could teach PyMOL how to use
auxillary buffers to enable off-screen OpenGL rendering as well.

        Unfortunately there isn't any way to color bonds independent of
atoms in PyMOL.  The closest thing you can do is create a new object
consisting of just those to bonds and to color that object separately.

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
DeLano Scientific LLC
Voice (650)-346-1154
Fax   (650)-593-4020

PyMol
> freezes if I have it open normally, and then I use remote desktop to
> connect to that computer, neither of these are critical.
>
> If anyone is interested, the SOAP libraries for Python (SOAPpy and
ZSI)