Mac Users,

Development and testing on the MacPyMOL Incentive Product continues, but
parallel development on the open-source foundation has interfered a bit.

However, since I promised a public MacPyMOL announcement by late
January, I am hereby announcing that MacPyMOL Beta 2 can now be
downloaded from the following public URL:

But first, a word of caution -- YOU MAY WISH TO WAIT for a later
release.

Why?  Because MacPyMOL Beta 2 is VERY BUGGY and largely UNTESTED.  In
addition to Mac-specific Aqua GUI, image copy & paste, and QuickTime
export, it contains a whole bunch of brand new cross-platform user
interface code that will soon be in the open-source release as well.

The idea behind these changes is to improve overall PyMOL usability, but
the job isn't nearly done.  Current new stuff includes: scroll wheel
support, double-click actions, multi-atom picking, cascading menus,
preset renditions, viewer pop-up menus, a new file icon, and a cleaner
looking internal_gui.

So to summarize: only download this early MacPyMOL release if you are
prepared to test and report on flaky software:

   http://www.delsci.com/macpymol is the URL.

Have fun, be carfule, and set your MacPyMOL expectations low -- this
code will get better soon.

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist