To the PyMOLers out there.

This isn't particularly exciting news, but if you use my color_b.py and
data2bfactor.py scripts, you may be interested in the update versions
that I've just put on my web site.

There is now a function in data2bfactor.py that loads data into the
occupancy column, rather than the B-factor column in case you wish to
color on either. So of course I had to add a new function called color_q
in color_b.py for coloring on occupancy (known as "q" in PyMOL).

I've also added to the color_b and color_q functions the option to
manually enter the lower, or upper limits (or both) of the data used
to determine colouring ranges, e.g.

color_q my_protein, q0=3.5, q1=7.0

Anything with the q value less than q0 + the bin width will be coloured
by the first colour in the gradient and anything above the q1 - the bin
width will be coloured in the last colour in the gradient.  You can see
the bins used as they are printed to the terminal window.

This really only works with mode=hist, since mode=ramp determines the
limits of the colouring bins by putting equal numbers of atoms in each.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821