I am try to create a picture with shadows visible on the background of the
image. I have so far managed to create a floor, following the example of David
Cooper (movies section of pymol web site) and create shadows on a grey and blue
backgound. Is this the best way of creating a background, or is there a better
way?

But, I don't seem to be able to make a white background with shadows on (rgb
1,1,1 is white?). Is this possible?

Is it possible to create your own background colours (set_color doesn't seem to
work in the "floor.py" script in the example by David Cooper).

Also as a side note, what are the rgb codes that pymol uses, are they standard 0
to 1 (the same as molscript) or 0 to 255? Using some of the rgb codes from
molscript only seems to produce a grey background.

Thank you

John

--
John Berrisford
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology

email: j.berrisf...@sheffield.ac.uk