Einat,

That is a longstanding goal of the PyMOL project, but there are various
hurdles to be surmounted, including creating an API for embedding PyMOL and
a secure API/language-subset for controlling it via the network.  Another
problem is that each platform has a different optimal technology for
building plugins.

An ActiveX verson of PyMOL is partially developed, but it won't be release
before PyMOL 1.0 -- so we're talking months to years.  However, once we have
one plugin built, it shouldn't be too hard to create others (Netscape, Java,
etc.).

For web-page embeddable molecular graphics today, look to Jmol:

http://jmol.sourceforge.net

I think it is the best open-source option if migrating away from Chime.