Hi Warren,

Another (temporary) solution, which shouldn't be too hard to implement, would be the ability of 'glueing' the colors to the object. That is, bind the color for each atom in the object, originating from the map, to that atom.

Brings me to a question. Is it currently possible to request the color a specific atom has? That would also make it possible to implement this using python.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

Warren DeLano wrote:

Esben,

        You've identified the only good workaround at present.  This is a
high-priority need that should be addressed in the next couple of months as
the internal matrix code in overhauled.  My apologies for the inconvenience.

(PS.  It is possible to transform the map, but you would need the full
matrix in order to do it, and PyMOL doesn't currently output the matrix when
it performs an alignment.)

--
mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.