Hi Warren

This is GREAT!
I was going to suggest this for the future development, but (as usual
:-) you're ahead.

Very good points:
  * possible to chose between atoms/1-letter residues/3-letter residues
etc.
  * The background color of the scrollbar area shows a complete overview
of the selections.

Proposals:
  * sequence colors could (optionally?) match atom (C-alpha) colors in
the 3D view.
  * When a 3D-alignment is done, there is a sequence alignment behind.
Having this transferred to the sequence window would be extremely
useful.
  * The heteroatoms should not appear in the sequence windows - at least
not in "residue" modes.

How are the sequences represented in the data structure? It could be fun
to interface with an extrenal modelling program, such as Nest. That goal
seems relatively close with this new feature.

Cheers,

Esben

http://delsci.com/beta

NOTE: don't install this over your main version -- try this in a
separate directory instead.

Load your favorite structure, click on the "S" on the lower right hand
corner to enable the sequence viewer, and then see what you can do with
it. Try various button combinations on the sequence, and try mixing in
shift and/or control with the left & middle buttons.  Please let me know
what you think...

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist