The reason it doesn't work is because, I think, APBS was not compiled by the fink g77. More likely it was compiled by a g77 from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ or other similar places. So you need to install that version of g77 to get APBS running on you mac. If anybody can compiled APBS using fink g77, that will be great.

Jianghai

Jianghai Zhu
Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
Purdue University