On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:40:47 +0100, Roger Dodd <rb...@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've recently updated to the 0.97 release of pymol and although it ran fine to start with, it's now generating a segmentation fault. I installed from the * pymol-0_97-bin-linux-libc6-i386.tgz* <http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pymol/pymol-0_97-bin-linux-libc6-i386.tgz?download> file into /usr/local/pymol and ran setup.sh. Then when running the pymol.com script I get the following:

./pymol.com: line 14: 31156 Segmentation fault $PYMOL_PATH/pymol.exe $*

I'm not sure exactly what's causing this and any help would be appreciated. I've tried completely removing the pymol directory and reinstalling but I still get the same error.

$PYMOL_PATH/pymol.exe $* <- this looks suspicious.

Did you tried to compile pymol as a monolythic thing? I don't beleive that still works.
I use $PYMOL_PATH/ext/bin/python $PYMOL_PATH/modules/pymol/__init__.py $*

I'll send you my Rules.make and pymol.com.
I was able to build it simply with a symlink from ext to /usr

Cheers

Roger