Hi all,

I'm trying to prepare some figures for publication and of course the journal requires them in cmyk format. I have produced the images in pymol using the cmyk color space and saved them as png files. However, the png files themselves are in 24 bit rgb format if I'm correct. Trying to subsequently convert them to cmyk format tiff files in photoshop or coreldraw results in all the colors being mangled (becoming duller and darker). Is there some trick to converting to the cmyk color space without altering the colors - I assumed working in the cmyk mode in PyMOL would ensure this didn't occur?

Thanks in advance for any help

Roger Dodd