From then on you may change the color of the residue, without affecting the
color of the back bone.

Pete D.
UCLA Chemistry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gil amiati" <gil.ami...@weizmann.ac.il>
To: <pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 7:05 AM
Subject: [PyMOL] Coloring residues without the N-C-C backbone

Dear all,

I would be happy to know how to color my specific residues while leaving the
NH-C_alpha-CO backbone with another color that marks the type of secondary
structure.
For example:
If I color a specific residue in blue, I want its base (NH-Calpha-CO) to be
in another color according to the secondary structure it is found in.

Thanks,

Gil Amitai
Biological Chemistry Dept.
Weizmann Institute of Science