Frank,

Yes, PyMOL has molecular editing functions, but it doesn't yet have a
clean-up ability.

To rotate bonds, put the mouse into Editing Node and then
control-right-click-and-drag on the end of the bond you wish to move.  To
delete bonds, control right-click and release on the bond, then type Ctrl-D.
To add a new bond, ctrl-middle-click on the first atom, ctrl-middle-click on
the second, and then type Ctrl-T to add the new bond.  If a bond is
selected, Ctrl-W will cycle through possible valences.

PyMOL does normally connect based on distance if your file does not include
connectivity information.  If atoms are too close together, then you'll get
extra bonds.  We don't yet have a pure pattern-based connectivity mode.
What kind of files are you finding this problem with most often?  Is there
an example you can share?

mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist