Tassos,

> 1. How do I make a cartoon passing through Ca's ? It refuses
> to do that with default values like for a 'full' PDB file !

set cartoon_flat_sheets, off
set cartoon_smooth_loops, off

Also, the following command will reduce cartoon "jitter" during animations

set cartoon_refine_normals, off

> 2. I want to include another single molecule and have frames
> where the second molecules 'stays the same'

This is actually the default behavior if you load a second PDB file that
contains only one state.  If it has multiple states, then you'll need to
specifically set a state for that object.  For example:

load animation1.pdb
load animation2.pdb
set state, 1, animation2
mplay

would freeze animation2 at state 1, while playing through animation 2

To change the default freezing behavior for single-state object, set
static_singletons, off

mailto:war...@delsci.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist