I do not know if this has been reported before. I could not find it in
the project bugs on Sourceforge or in the mailing list archive.

If I rename a protein object, originally created by reading in a pdb
file, and then create a new selection of the renamed object, the
'show' and 'hide' commands no longer work on the original protein
object.

'Show' and 'hide' are ok immediately after the rename operation, but
they break after a new selection is created.

I'm using PyMOL 0.97 on Linux. PyMOL was installed from the tarball
that includes a precompiled Python 2.2.

Mikko