S. Werten,

This is mostly like a flaky OpenGL graphics driver.  One thing you might try
is downloaded the latest beta and activating the texture_fonts setting,
which causes PyMOL to draw all text using texture maps instead of bitmaps.
http://delsci.com/beta

set texture_fonts

Nevertheless, I'd start by trying to upgrade your graphics drivers to the
latest version.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com