I just download & compiled apbs on a G4 using the instructions found here:

http://www.chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/programs.html

(although I had to modify the fink files slightly, it was a relatively painless installation)

Many thanks for the apbs_tools plugin -- very cool! Is there any documentation on what is happening as you change the visualization parameters? For example, the molecular surface 'numbers' default to -1, 0 and 1. If they are changed to -5, 0 and 5, the displayed surface looks 'less charged' than that displayed with the default numbers. What do the numbers mean? Is this in the apbs manual?

Thanks again!
Doug