This is my understanding of turn and rotate:

 turn    is a camera move.

So everything being viewed appears to rotate before the viewer.

Eg

turn z,-90

    rotate scene -90 degrees about z axis.
    -ve numbers will appear as a clockwise rotation about an axis normal to
    viewing screen. substitute x and z for other axis turns.

 rotate  is an object move.
Selected items in the scene can be rotated relative to others. Note the
camera stays still.
Eg

rotate y, 30 , object=fred

    rotates the named object 'fred' (only) 30 degrees about the y-axis
    substitute x and z for other rotations.

Multiple objects can be loaded from multiple files. To allow objects to be
manipulated separately make sure they are named differently.
Objects loaded with the same name become joined as one object.
I find it a good idea to avoid white spaces in names. Later versions of
PyMOL appear to substitute an underscore for a space in an object name.

--
.-Dr-Andy-Calder----------.    ,- afcal...@liv.ac.uk --------------.
| Materials Modelling Group\  /  Tel  +44 (0)151 794-5384 Fax-4675 |