Hi Shawn,

As you can see when you select the generate electrostatic surface within PyMol - Warren has stated that it is "unvalidated experimental code" and the results should be viewed with skepticism. If you want publishable electrostatics calculated using more realistic estimates of dielectric constants then you should use eithe APBS, GRASp, or some other Poisson Boltzman solver. Personally I wouldn't put figures generated from PyMols internal electrostatics calculations any any publication.

Scott