        From: pymol-users-ad...@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:pymol-users-ad...@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Neil
Ranson
        Sent: 19. april 2005 13:34
        To: PyMOL-users@lists.sourceforge.net
        Subject: [PyMOL] multi cpu rendering

        Dear All,

        I've been preparing figures for a manuscript on a Sun v40z with
4 x Opteron 850 cpu's and 8Gb of memory (and Suse9.0). When I start
pymol:

        > pymol.com -c script.pml

        pymol says that it detects 4cpu and enables multithreaded
rendering, but I never see it using more than one cpu.

        Especially for producing ray traced movies, I'd really like to
see the multiprocessing benefits.

        Does anyone have any suggestions?

        Cheers,

        Neil