Gergori,

> 1) what is the difference between LINES, LINE_LOOP,
> LINE_STRIP. If I understood correctly, LINES is to build single lines,
>
> LINE_LOOP will connect the first and the last point (VERTEX),
> but no clue about LINE_STRIP.
>
> 2) what is the difference between TRIANGLES, TRIANGLES_STRIP
> and TRIANGLE_FAN

Consult OpenGL docs (GL_LINES, GL_LINE_LOOP, etc.) -- CGOs are essentially
just OpenGL rendering streams.

> 3) is it possible to render a plain polygon (I suppose I can
> build a succession of triangles, but is there another way to do it?)

Not with CGOs.  The ray tracer only has triangle, cylinder, and spheres
primitives, which is why CGOs are limited to just triangles, spheres, and
cylinders.

> 1) in the Pymol manual, I read that LINEWIDTH was for…
> line-width, and WIDTHSCALE was for ray-tracing;
> but what I observed is that LINEWIDTH do not change the line
> thickness (always 1 pixel) in the normal view but in
> ray-traced images, and when I use WIDTHSCALE Pymol simply
> crashes during ray-tracing… Is this a bug? I use the latest
> version of Pymol with WinXP Pro SP2 and my graphic card is an
> ATI Radeon 9700 with the latest drivers.

Not sture, but I think WIDTHSCALE is basically broken and should be
deprecated.  LINEWIDTH should work, but if it doesn’t, then I suggest using
the  cgo_line_width setting to control line widths for now.

Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

. DeLano Scientific LLC
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
. Biz:(650)-872-0942  Tech:(650)-872-0834
. Fax:(650)-872-0273  Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:war...@delsci.com