I've been trying to generate an electrostatic potential map of the surface of
a protein using Pymol but haven't been successful. I'm working with the latest
version of pymol (0.98, windows version), which brings the APBS plugin (I have
as well installed the APBS plugin "apbs_tools.py") that is supposed to do the
necessary calculation in a straightforward way, according to the guidelines
provided in http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mlerner/Pymol/.  I've follewed them
but the plugin asks for an "APBS binary location". I do not know what a
"binary location" is or where to find it. I'm using PDB files converted to PQR
files, as indicated in
http://www.csb.yale.edu/userguides/graphics/pymol/electro.html.,  and run the
APBS tool selecting a ramdonly chosen "APBS binary location".  The program
seems to do calculations on the surface of the protein although does not
generate any figure representing the results.  By clicking on visualization
the plugin warms that at least a molecule and a map must be loaded.  Is the
plugin asking for the calculated electrostatic surface map? Is so, how do I
find it? Does it have to be with the "APBS binary location" issue? Well, lots
of questions...

Thank you beforehand...