Hey all,

sorry for taking to the list what seems to me a trivial problem. But I can't get over it and I'm afraid to modified my system too much since I don't know what I'm doing.

Basically, what I've done is download the pymol sources (pymol-0_98-src.tgz) from delsci.com. I made sure I've installed all the requirements (python2.3.4, Numeric, Pmw, tcl8.4, tk8.4.7, libpng, zlib, freeglut2.2). This is on a standard Fedora Core 3 system, nothing fancy.

I run `python2.3 setup.py install` and get a bunch of error messages relating to the absence of GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h. Supposedly, freeglut combines them into GL/glut.h. So I change all occurences of GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h in the pymol source to GL/glut.h. More errors! It turns out that freeglut is also asking for GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h. I have the faint notion that Mesa provides GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h, but aren't Mesa and freeglut supposed to do the same thing? Both provide libGLU.so. Should I install Mesa? And wasn't there some FireGL/xorg/Mesa incopatibility issue?

Any suggestions?

Andreas

--
   -->       Andreas Förster       <--