If you would like appropriately scaled images then you can set up your viewer to the appropriate dimensions eg for a square

viewport 700,700

or rectangle

viewport 800,400

If using a square I then use

ray 1800,1800

this ray traces an image larger than your pymol window and allows you to save it. This will help with higher resolution images. Newer versions show a preview. You canuop the resolution by increasing the ray pixels

Hope this helps

Peter Adrian Meyer wrote:

Hi everyone,
Each time I try to save images, Pymol writes 640x480
pixel image to the file. I wonder if there is a way to
save images (png format) other than 640X480 pixel that
is default.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Images are saved as either the size of the viewer window, or the ray
traced size.  The easiest way to get a larger image is to maximize the
viewer window, and then save.  To get an arbritray size, use the
ray-tracer (ray 1024,768 ; png BigImage.png).

Pete

Pete Meyer
Fu Lab
BMCB grad student
Cornell University

Joel Tyndall, PhD

Lecturer
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 913 Dunedin
New Zealand
Pukenga
Te Kura Taiwhanga Putaiao
Te Whare Wananga o Otago
Pouaka Poutapeta 913 Otepoti
Aotearoa

Ph / Waea +64 3 4797293 Fax / Waeawhakaahua +64 3 4797034