Lind, Kenneth wrote:
Hi Sebastien,

This sounds like a strange thing to do.  First, I would ask why are you getting
an error?  Rather than hiding the error, you should fix it...

If that is not possible, a typical python way of doing this is to use a
try/except wrapping.  for example:

try:
    print 1/0
except ZeroDivisionError:
    pass

If you *really* want to manipulate sys.stderr, you can do it.  Something like:

errF = open("stdout.err", "w")
sys.stderr = errF

Hope that helps.  Best,
Ken

It's this kind of manipulation I want.
Thanks

Hello,

yes. maybe. if you are talking about printing to standard error, then :

  import sys
  sys.stderr.write("hello, stderr!")

will do it.

if, on the other hand, you mean something more complicated to do with manipulating the shell ("redirection"...?) than I don't know, sorry.

gilleain torrance

I would like to change the current path for stderr to /dev/null by example.

I have a plugin which creates a legend box from a fake (empty) apdb map. Instruction, which loads the map, sends an error message and I would like to hide it.

How can I do ?

Thanks

   Hello,
   I would like to know if there is a way to manipulate standard error
   redirection into pymol scripting language ?

   Thanks

--
Sébastien Moretti
http://www.igs.cnrs-mrs.fr/