Dear all,

I thought to be worth posting this message for those who experience problems with dual core+quadro FX.
It seems that only recently kernel and compatible driver became available.

We succeeded installing PyMOL in a AMD64 X2+Quadro FX1300+Fedora5.
After installing Fedora 5 (which seems to recognize FX1300 automatically but without working properly), we followed a recipe (2-May-2006) from http://www.fedorafaq.org/ ("Problems and Their Solutions, Q3")

We used "yum install kmod-nvidia" ("yum install kmod-nvidia-smp" did not work)

Kernel 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5  was installed by this last command line.
(21-May-2006 -
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/i386/)

After that, we have followed the rest of the recipe and changed /etc/X11/xorg.conf (Driver "nvidia")

PyMOL 0.99 runs beautifully although stereo mode was not tested yet.

Kind regards,

Ricardo Aparicio
http://www.iqm.unicamp.br/profs/aparicio.html