Hi,

* O. J. Ganesh <ojgan...@mbi.ufl.edu> [2006-05-18 16:09] wrote:

> Hey PyMOL gurus:
>
> I have a 'perfect' helix. Is there some way to 'loosen' all of the
> angles in the helix so instead of 3.6 residues per turn, I could
> have, say, 8 residues per turn. My goal is to make the helix more
> 'coil-like'. Is this possible?

Well, if you know the phi/psi angles you like, then you could just build
it and specify those angles with my build_seq.py script:

http://adelie.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/build_seq.py

You can specify the phi, psi angles on the command line. Alternatively,
you can create a file of resname, phi, psi and build it with:

http://adelie.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/build_seq_phi_psi.py

if you don't want the phi/psi angles to be the same for every residue.

Cheers,
Rob
--
Robert L. Campbell, Ph.D.                         <r...@post.queensu.ca>
Senior Research Associate                            phone: 613-533-6821