I have been trying to run the latest version of MacPyMOL on my new iMac with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and the latest version of OSX. I have noticed problems trying to select residues with my mouse (either control-clicking to select or double clicking to get the menu). I can select some residues normally, but for others, when I control-click on them, a residue in another part of the protein gets selected. Still other residues cannot be selected at all using the mouse. This also happens with I try to pick atoms with the mouse.

I've seen this happen with multiple PDB files and older versions of MacPyMOL as well. I don't have any problems selecting residues or atoms with the command line.

This problem seems to be similar to the one that someone was having with the X11 version a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Heidi

Heidi K. Privett
Graduate Student
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
California Institute of Technology
1200 E. California Blvd.  MC 114-96
Pasadena, CA 91125 USA

priv...@caltech.edu