Will,

The easiest approach, short of Python programming, is to temporarily load a
new pdb file with updated coordinates and simply update the existing object
before deleting the original.

load original.pdb
unset auto_zoom

# then repeat the following as often as necessary

set suspend_updates
load updated.pdb
update original,updated
delete updated
unset suspend_updates

DeLano Scientific LLC
Subscriber Support Services
mailto:del...@delsci.info

I'm interested prototyping some interactive molecular modeling and
simulation code using pymol. I know one can change the atomic coordinates
wholesale in simple ways via alter_state (like x=x+1). Is there an efficient
way to change all coordinates to arbitrary values (like coordinates output
from a simulation)? I could select each atom and alter_state it's xyz
values, but I'm hoping there is a better way.

Thanks!

-Will Sheffler
Baker Lab
University of Washington