Hi,

Pymol is behaving interestingly on my amd64 dual core, fedora core6 updated, python2.4.

I have tried the precompiled version 0.99rev9 and the latest beta for linux-32bit and the only 64-bit I could see dated may 2006.

The binary comes up as usual, but the tcl command line is frozen and will not accept any keyport input. That's obviously not helpful.

I wonder if someone else has seen this behavior or has ideas how to go about it.

Thanks,
Gerwald

below more detailed info...

this is the pymol output on startup, note the freeglut error:

freeglut (/xsoft/pymol-0.99rev9/pymol.exe): Unable to create direct context rend
ering for window 'PyMOL Viewer'
This may hurt performance.
PyMOL(TM) Incentive Product - Copyright (C) 2006 DeLano Scientific LLC.

This PyMOL Executable Build is exclusively available to PyMOL Sponsors
with current PyMOL Maintenance and/or Support Subscriptions.  Only
designated PyMOL Power, Casual, and Developer Users covered within the
scope of such a Subscription may legally use this software product.
Any other usage is specifically prohibited and may constitute a
violation of United States and international Copyright laws.

This Executable Build integrates and extends Open-Source PyMOL 0.99rev9.
OpenGL graphics engine:
 GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
 GL_RENDERER: GeForce 7900 GT/GTO/PCI/SSE2
 GL_VERSION: 1.4 (2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55)
Adapting to GeForce hardware.
Detected 2 CPUs.  Enabled multithreaded rendering.

----------------
In addition (no I don't really have ample time to spend on this), here is how far the simple-minded approach to compile the source code leads on this machine:
Comments on this would also be appreciated :-)

This is the output from: python setup.py build.

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPI C -D_PYMOL_MODULE -D_PYMOL_INLINE -D_PYMOL_FREETYPE -D_HAVE_LIBPNG -Iov/src -Ila yer0 -Ilayer1 -Ilayer2 -Ilayer3 -Ilayer4 -Ilayer5 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/us r/local/include/python2.4 -c layer1/PConv.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.4/layer
1/PConv.o -ffast-math -funroll-loops -O3
In file included from /usr/local/include/python2.4/Python.h:55,
                from layer0/os_python.h:28,
                from layer1/PConv.c:18:
/usr/local/include/python2.4/pyport.h:612:2: error: #error "LONG_BIT definition
appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."