Hi Horacio,

There are several ways of doing this. In a .pml script or on the
command line you can do:

/for i in range( 1, 641 ):\
  cmd.load( "2jnk%d_rec.mol2" % i, "temp", format="mol2", state=1 )\
  cmd.align( "temp", "ref" )\
  cmd.save( "2jnkp%d_rec.mol2" % i, "temp", format="mol2" )\
  cmd.delete( "temp" )

I'm not entirely sure whether pymol writes mol2, otherwise you can use
"mol" or "pdb" (which will be inferred correctly from the extension,
by the way).
Another possibility is writing a Python script to be called from Pymol
(actually, the above is pymol inline python code).

Hope it helps (and hope it works :p),

Tsjerk

On Feb 20, 2008 11:00 AM, Horacio Emilio Pérez Sánchez
<horacio.sanc...@int.fzk.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 640 very similar protein structures in .mol2 format, named
> 2jnk$i_rec.mol2 where $i is the protein number. I need to align all them
> respect to the first protein (2jnk1_rec.mol2) and then save separately
> each new aligned protein with a different name, for instance
> 2jnkp$i_rec.mol2.
>
> I guess that this can be done using pymol scripts but I have no
> experience with this (but from today on I will start to study). Do you
> know some method or have some script for this ? Or where to look for
> information ?
>
> Thanks

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)