Hi Ben,

Current versions of MacPyMOL make use of the 2.3 version of the
operating-system-provided Python interpreter.  Future versions may behave
differently.

Officially speaking, if you need to integrate external
native-code-containing Python modules, then DeLano Scientific's sole
recommended approach is to compile the Open-Source PyMOL source code for X11
instead of using MacPyMOL/PyMOLX11Hybrid.  Unfortunately, the Python C ABI
is just too fragile for anything else to be practical...

DeLano Scientific LLC
Subscriber Support Services