Folks,

I'll second what Nat wrote.  One of the reasons PyMOL is open-source is so that
outside developers can compile and use PyMOL with their own external Python
interpreters without regard to what Python version, operating system, or
hardware platform they are using.

Practically speaking, it would be impossible for DeLano Scientific to support
such degeneracy with precompiled binaries -- there are simply too many versions
of Python, too many word sizes & byte orders, and too many binary-incompatible
operating systems.  Accordingly, our precompiled binaries embed Python and are
primarily intended to serve ordinary end-users and Python-only developers who
do not need to integrate with native external code libraries other than those
which ship with PyMOL.  PyMOL is a Python interpreter, and you can run Python
scripts (with our without use of the PyMOL API) from directly within it (via
run) or on the command line:

pymol -qr script.py -- ...arguments...

# is roughly equivalent to:

pymol script.py ...arguments...

That is the situation today, though we may release a PyMOL SDK in the future to
address specific unmet needs on proprietary operating systems.  But right now,
if you're doing PyMOL-based development with native external code libraries,
then (A) you should be compiling PyMOL yourself via distutils, and (B) you
should be using an open-source platform, preferably Linux or FreeBSD.

Of course, to the the extent that they can effectively emulate a Linux-like
open-source environment, X11/Fink under Mac OS X and X11/Cygwin under Windows
may also be able to compile the PyMOL open-source code, as Nat just confirmed,
but with no guarantees:

Although the PyMOL license is permissive, we, as a company, only target and
support Linux with our Open-Source code.