Hi Peter,

Are you trying to view in Pymol a map that you have saved from coot?  The coot
map only covers the AU so if the part of the map that you are trying to
visualize in pymol is outside of the AU, you will not see it.  The solution is
to use fft in ccp4 to create your map and be sure to make it cover your model
(this is an option from a pull-down menu in the fft ccp4i gui).  You should
then be able to use this map in pymol to see the features you want.

Hope that solves your problem,
Eric
Eric Larson, PhD
MSGPP Consortium