I know little of the apbs-pymol integration, but in general, you can
use the PROPKA support built into PDB2PQR to assign protonation at
different pHs and then feed your pqr to apbs.

See http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/pdb2pqr/user-guide/using-pdb2pqr
for the --with-ph option.

There's also a whole different world of using apbs to determine pKa
(see http://www.poissonboltzmann.org/apbs/examples/pka-calculations )

-David