It's not too hard to configure PDB2PQR and APBS in Ubuntu or any other Linux distro:

For PDB2PQR:

Extract binaries from tarball, e.g. "tar xvzf pdb2pqr-1.4.0.tar.gz"
copy or move extracted directory to desired location, e.g. "mv pdb2pqr-1.4.0 /usr/local/xtal"
Enter pdb2pqr directory, e.g. "cd /usr/local/xtal/pdb2pqr-1.4.0"
run configure command, e.g. "./configure" to create pdb2pqr.py
create alias in your run environment (can go in .tcshrc), "alias pdb2pqr 'python /usr/local/xtal/pdb2pqr-1.4.0/pdb2pqr.py"

A plugin for APBS use is already installed in pymol, but if you want the latest version, extract the tarball and copy the directory to the desired location, e.g. /usr/local/xtal. Create a softlink in your /usr/local/xtal directory, e.g. "ln -s apbs-1.1.0/bin/apbs". If /usr/local/xtal is in your path, you can run apbs from the command line. To have pymol use this apbs binary, change the path to binary in the apbs plugin configuration dialog box. Alternatively, you could just copy the apbs binary into the freemol/bin/ directory of pymol as apbs.exe (I think).

Cheers, Roger Rowlett