Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way, in Pymol, to remove an amino acid from a peptide
and insert any other amino acid. I have been able to do this for one residue
at a time using the command

editor.attach_fragment(‘pk1′,’my_fragment_name’,11,0)

but I have to do this in two parts so that the new amino acid binds at both
ends. I was wondering if there is a way in which Pymol can “swap” an
existing side chain at position N on the peptide for any other side chain in
an automated fashion?

Any help much appreciated.

Angela

--