Howdy,

I filed a feature request at SourceForge a while back, but I thought I
would mention it again since the SF bug tracking system is no longer used.

We share a central PyMOL installation via NFS to our user workstations, and
in that situation, it means that the PyMOL users have to rely on a sysadmin
to install/update plugins in the modules/pmg_tk/startup directory.  It
would be more convenient for everyone involved if users could also add the
plugin to e.g. ~/.pymol/plugins/.

I've been poking through modules/pmg_tk/PMGApp.py, and I easily modified it
to support installing/deleting plugins to the user's directory, but my
python-fu is weak, and I can't seem to figure out how to modify the
initializePlugins function to load from that location.  There's something
tricky going on with python namespaces(?) that I'm not totally grokking
yet.

Anyway, I'm willing to push on and try to figure it out, but I'm curious
what Jason et al think of the idea, since I don't really want to maintain a
separate patch to enable this functionality.

Thoughts, Jason, et al?  :-)

-b

--
| Ben Eisenbraun                              | Software Sysadmin      |
| Structural Biology Grid                     | http://sbgrid.org      |